The scientific article is devoted to issues of legal regulation of labor of foreign citizens in the Republic of Uzbekistan.
Keywords: foreign nationals, legal status of foreign citizens, foreign citizens' stay in the Republic of Uzbekistan, confirmation, permit.
Labor activity of foreigners is governed by the Constitution of the Republic of Uzbekistan, laws of the Republic of Uzbekistan, decrees of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan, Resolutions of the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Uzbekistan and international agreements of the Republic of Uzbekistan. Labor legislation creates both real and safe working conditions not only for the citizens of the Republic of Uzbekistan but also for foreign nationals and to protect their labor rights . Article 23 and section IX of the Constitution of the Republic of Uzbekistan on social and economic rights, articles 37, 38 and 39 also apply to every foreigner entering the Republic of Uzbekistan for labor activity. This article provides that the rights and freedoms of foreign citizens and stateless persons in the territory of the Republic of Uzbekistan are adequate to the rule of law . Everyone has the right to work, to freely choose profession, to work in just conditions, to have time to rest, to work and to pay paid, to receive social security .
The Ministry of Labor and Employment of the Republic of Uzbekistan is the authorized state body for the regulation of labor activity of foreign citizens, under which the External Migration Agency, the Civil Service Agency and the Consular Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Uzbekistan are the states participating in the registration of the necessary documents for employment of foreign citizens’ organs. In order to attract foreign labor force, the employer fills in an application form and sends an application to the External Labor Migration Agency within one hour. The Agency for Public Services under the Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Uzbekistan implements a unified state policy in the field of rendering state services to individuals and legal entities, forms a single registry of public services, coordinates the activities of state bodies and other organizations in this area. as well as the state registration of individuals as entities of entrepreneurship . Only one state-of-the-art service center registers business entities on the principle of «single window» and submits an application form at the State Services Center to attract foreign labor force and sends the application to the External Labor Migration Agency within one hour. If a decision is taken by the Agency to issue a permit, then the decision shall indicate the amount of fee for issuing a permit and send it to the State Services Center. Within one hour of receipt of the notice of the decision taken by the Center of State Services, the decision shall be given to the employer by his seal. Employer (legal entity) pays 51 % of the minimum wage for attracting and obtaining citizenship, and foreign citizen — 31 % of the minimum monthly wage for obtaining a confirmation . An employer must obtain a permit to attract foreign workers in the Republic of Uzbekistan, in the prescribed manner. Foreign labor migration information is issued by a foreign citizen, known as a confirmation of labor activity in the Republic of Uzbekistan. Upon receipt of authorization and approval, foreign workers are permitted to carry out their labor activity. Employers and foreigners may obtain permission, approve termination and cancellation of permits and approvals by the Agency for Foreign Labor Migration under the Ministry of Labor of the Republic of Uzbekistan. If the employer does not apply for extension or cancellation of the term of extension to the Foreign Labor Migration Agency upon termination of the permit and approval period, the Agency sends a Notification to the employer. The notice shall expire within five days upon the expiration of the period of validity of the permission and the approval of the Agency, as the case may be, the cancellation of the permit for the foreign worker to obtain and use the work permit and the validity of the labor activity of foreign citizens.
In the Republic of Uzbekistan, a number of laws have been adopted with a view to enhancing the employment and migration of labor from abroad. According to the law of the Republic of Uzbekistan, foreign nationals are persons without citizenship who are not citizens of the Republic of Uzbekistan and have no proof of their jurisdiction . The rights of foreign citizens in the Republic of Uzbekistan are related to different legal fields and are not regulated by an independent legal system. Foreigners and stateless persons shall be regulated by the laws of the Republic of Uzbekistan and international treaties in the Republic of Uzbekistan, equally with citizens of the Republic of Uzbekistan on the basis of civil legal capacity . Labor contract between an employee and an employer is concluded on a contractual basis between the employee and the employer on the basis of a contract for performance of a certain specialty, qualification, post in accordance with the internal labor regulations, and on the terms stipulated by labor laws and other normative acts and recruitment is executed by the employer's order. The labor contract with the employee is the basis for the order . Any foreign national who is in employment in the Republic of Uzbekistan may apply for a pension at any time after the right to receive a pension . Foreigners, stateless persons, permanently residing in the Republic of Uzbekistan, have the right to receive pensions equally with the citizens of the Republic of Uzbekistan. A foreigner is entitled to a disability pensions if he / she is recognized as a disabled person of the 1st and 2nd group, if the foreigner receives severe injuries in the workplace due to an accident at the time of his labor activity .
In summary, the inflow of foreign nationals from China, Turkey, Russia, Korea, Kazakhstan and Afghanistan is rising now. Only in 2018, 8012 applications from foreign citizens and legal entities were received by the Foreign Labor Migration agency of the Republic of Uzbekistan. This indicates that in the Republic of Uzbekistan the legal status of foreigners, the procedure of employment, the right to acquire real property, and in particular the independent legal system, and that a separate law should be drafted in the Republic of Uzbekistan confirming the legal status of foreign citizens and stateless persons. At the same time, the list of documents required during hiring of Article 80 of the Labor Code of the Republic of Uzbekistan should be entered by the foreigners and stateless persons in the Republic of Uzbekistan by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Uzbekistan on obtaining a license.
- Трудовой кодекс Республики Узбекистан. г. Ташкент, 21 декабря 1995 г., № 161-I. (Ведомости Олий Мажлиса Республики Узбекистан, 1996 г., приложение к № 1). — 145 с.
- Конституция Республики Узбекистан. г. Ташкент, 8 декабря 1992 г. (Национальная база законодательства, 06.03.2019 г., № 03/19/527/2706).
- Постановление Кабинета Министра Республики Узбекистан «О мерах по организации деятельности Агентства государственных услуг при Министерстве Юстиции Республики Узбекистан». (Национальная база данных законодательства, 14.05.2019 г, № 09/19/397/3123).
- Постановление Кабинета Министра Республики Узбекистан «Об утверждении положения о порядке привлечения и использования иностранной рабочей силы в Республики Узбекистан». г. Ташкент, 25 марта 2019 г, № 244. Приложение № 1. (Национальная база данных законодательства 26.03.2019 г., № 09/19/244/2819).
- Закон Республики Узбекистан «О гражданстве Республики Узбекистан». г. Ташкент, 2 июля 1992 г., № 632 — XII. (Национальная база данных законодательства, 24.05.2019 г., № 03/19/542/317).
- Гражданский Кодекс Республики Узбекистан. (Национальная база данных законодательства, 24.05.2019 г., № 03/19/54/2317).
- Закон Республики Узбекистан «О государственном пенсионном обеспечении граждан». г. Ташкент, 3 сентября 1993 г., № 938 — XII. (Национальная база данных 23.05.2019 г., № 03/19/540/3167).
- Постановление Кабинета Министров Республики Узбекистан «Об утверждении нормативно — правовых актов, направленных на дальнейшее совершенствование порядка освидетельствования граждан, установления инвалидности и степени утраты профессиональной трудоспособности врачебно- трудовыми экспертными комиссиями». г. Ташкент, 1 июля 2011 г., № 195. (Национальная база данных законодательства, 01.06.2018 г., № 09/18/396/1287).