Nowadays people's attitude towards reading has become increasingly diversification. In addition to the traditional print media, mobile devices become an important medium for reading. Among the utility of mobile facilities, Wechat has a significant position. According a professional perspective, our team successfully applied for a provincial project about undergraduate innovation and entrepreneurship, a Wechat public platform of literature recommendation and appreciation named A Little Leisure of Business. During the period of designing, we reviewed the previous research results, building a theoretical model of Wechat public platform based on the TAM3 technology acceptance theory; the undergraduate's reading status and habits within mainland and Taiwan of China were investigated in the stage of preparation and execution, then «Rest In A Busy Day» Wechat public platform was established. According to the professional knowledge of Chinese Language and Literature, we recommend diverse book lists separately and some brief introduction, guiding readers to pursue meaningful and profound reading positively.
Key words: the innovative training for college students; Wechat; Reading; technology acceptance model(TAM3)
Chinese Internet Network Information Center (CNNIC) released fortieth " China statistical report on Internet development " in August 2017. It showed, as of June 2017, China netizens reached 751 million, Internet penetration rate of 54.3 %. There are 724 million mobile phone users in China, of which 20 to 29 years old netizens reached 29.7 %. The most commonly used APP is WeChat, accounting for 79.6 % of the total number of surveys. According a professional perspective, a college student innovation and entrepreneurship training program, A Little Leisure of Business WeChat public platform, was approved, which combined WeChat application with knowledge of Chinese language and literature.
1. Establishment of project design framework
Before the operation of the public platform, it was necessary to build relevant theory. Reason of Wechat public number as the reading medium was WeChat was the most popular APP at present. In order to deal with the question how to summarized the national media literacy and reading habits in WeChat media. We have carried on a series of theoretical research, and on this basis constructed the WeChat public platform theoretical model.
In order to carry out the project better, we have studied the theoretical model of establishing WeChat public platform. We found that the technology acceptance integration model TAM3 (Technology Acceptance Model 3)    could well explain the basic operation theory of WeChat platform. We used the TAM3 model framework, combined with the WeChat public platform features, constructed A Little Leisure of Business WeChat public platform model to explain and predict the intention to use and the usage of the WeChat platform (as shown in Fig.1).
Fig. 1. The model of A Little Leisure of Business WeChat public platform
2. Preparation of research conditions
We took the network promotion questionnaire, social public interview and other effective ways to carry out the practice activities of social research on the surrounding area of Changchun University. The respondents were mainly college students. The results are as follows:
41 % of the respondents read less than one hour a day, one book a month, and six books a year (as shown in Fig.2). Among the college students, professional books and all kinds of test books occupied half of the country (50 %), mainly in College English Test Band 4 (CET 4) and CET 6 books, professional materials and counseling books. There were few books on the real meaning of reading. The other «half of the country» combined Chinese and foreign classic masterpieces, inspirational books (mostly boys), youth romance books(mostly girls), newspapers and magazines and so on. Social residents were less likely to read because they were busy with work (as shown in Fig.3).
In class, 42 % of the respondents often read extracurricular books or novels on their mobile phones. «What to think, what to see» was mainly to kill the boring time or entertainment.21 % of surveyed people reading was completed before bedtime to see bedside book form. The main purpose is to help sleep and achieve peace of mind; 36 % would find a free day to go to the library quiet reading to enrich itself. They will feel the overall temperament of sublimation. 1 % seldom read books. Spare time is generally not used to read, good articles would be occasionally seen in the mobile phone, but they almost never read a whole book (as shown in Fig. 4). Nowadays, «shallow readings», such as «fast reading», «jumping reading» and «fragmentation reading», are becoming the new trend of reading in China. Solving the reading crisis is urgent.
Fig. 2. A survey of reading volume Fig. 4. A survey of reading purpose
Fig. 3. A survey of college students' reading bibliography
During the exchange study in Taiwan, the project leader investigated the reading situation of Taiwan college students in detail. The survey results are as follows:
(1) There is a big difference in reading quantity among different majors. The students of Chinese language department had the largest amount of reading. The college students read 3 books on average for 7 days, 50 % for modern literature, others for prose, extracurricular interest reading and so on. Graduate students are able to read more than 4 books in 7 days. Followed by the students of the department of business, foreign language, special education. At the bottom is the professional mechanical department, the students are lack of interest in reading literary works. They read almost nothing except books for professional courses. In the classroom, practice oriented, books of theoretical knowledge less, resulting in mechanical reading ability of students is poorer than other departments.
(2) Gender differences. The reading quantity of female students is generally higher than that of male students. Outside reading books, girls are mainly based on the campus youth, such as romance novels of Taiwan writer Nine Knives. The books read by the male students are mostly martial arts novels and reasoning stories, such as the reasoning novels of Japanese writer, Keigo Higashino.
(3) Regional differences. Among the universities with similar educational ability, the reading quantity of college students in Taiwan is slightly higher than that of mainland students. Eslite Bookstore is one of the most famous scenic spots in Taiwan. There must be a Eslite Bookstore in the layout of the major shopping malls. There are cafes, children's leisure areas in bookstores, which provide readers with the best reading experience. This is also fully demonstrated in the school education system. In addition to the required courses, the college of Taiwan also opened elective readings of Zhuzi essays, history of cultural thought, overseas Chinese literature, appreciation of Taiwan cultural assets and other related elective courses. Not only liberal arts students, but also a lot of science and engineering students are interested in such courses. In terms of the examination system, taking the courses offered by the Central Plains University of Taiwan as an example, the mid-term and final examinations accounted for only 50 % of the total score. The other 50 % is from the weekly quizzes which examine the text content and personal reading experience required by the teacher. In addition, there are final group performances. Students find themselves interested in literature selections and perform in the form of drama. This form not only greatly increased the amount of reading of students, but also effectively improved their reading interest
Most of university’s Libraries in Taiwan open to the general public. Welcome people to enter freely and share the rich collection. This policy is inseparable from the courteous lifestyle of Taiwan compatriots.
According to market research and analysis, Chinese mobile internet users increased by 12 % to 700 million in 2016. The rate is 11 % in 2015. WeChat is the longest use of mobile applications. WeChat is the use of mobile applications for the longest time. Digital reading contact rate as high as 58.1 % in 2016, for the first time over the traditional media reading rate. Based on this report, we determine the basic feasibility of the WeChat public number operation.
3. Project implementation
3.1 Application pattern design
The public number is divided into three main menus: throughout the ages, contribution, voice deduction. The menu of throughout the ages is divided into four submenus: ancient literature, contemporary literature, modern literature and foreign literature. The menu of voice deduction is also divided into four submenus: novel, poetry, prose and drama. After opening the submenu, the interface jumps to the list of corresponding bibliography, the reader can communicate under the list. At the same time, the public number collects the reading notes from readers who have provided book lists and publish them after finishing. As shown in fig.5.
Fig. 5. The interface of A Little Leisure Business WeChat public platform
3.2 The possibility of platform operation
A Little Leisure of Business is a public number for intelligent mobile phone terminal instant messaging service application. This platform supports cross operator, cross system send text, pictures, voice and other forms of information. The WeChat public number is a new service platform to provide business services and user management capabilities to individuals, enterprises and organizations. Increasing quality content, creating better user experience, providing services for users and forming a different ecological cycle are the key points of the early stage of this platform. The use of public accounts platform for self-media activities, is a one to many media behavior activities. The formation of a mainstream online and offline interactive marketing mode is conducive to the creation and promotion of the public platform of this project.
The basic framework of A Little Leisure of Business WeChat public platform project is shown in Fig.6.
Fig. 6. The basic framework of A Little Leisure of Business WeChat public platform project
Today, mobile phone, computer is highly popular. Our lives are electronic games, electronic novels, full of social software. Many people also said that cannot be settled down to read a book. The understanding of literary works is less and less. The introduction of the guided reading method into the frequently watched WeChat not only enriches the content of WeChat platform, but also arouses people's attention to paper reading through this medium, and will become a great help for people who love reading. The WeChat public platform of A Little Leisure of Business is beneficial to return paper media reading. Culture, economy and politics are inseparable. People's reading quantity is an important part of culture. Based on this idea, we hope that the platform can play a role in promoting people's reading quantity and quanlity.
The work was supported by the Jilin Province College Students' Innovation and Entrepreneurship Training Project (No. 2016SJ033) and the Jilin Province "13th Five-Year" Social Science Planning Project (No. 2016LY506W15) from Jilin Provincial Education Department of China.
- 中国互联网络发展状况统计报告 [R]. 北京:中国互联网络信息中心，2017:8.
- Davis, F. D. (1989). Perceived Usefulness, Perceived Ease of Use and User Acceptance of Information Technology [J]. MIS Quartely, 13(3): 319–340.
- Davis, F. D., Bagozzi, R., &Warshaw, P. (1989). User Acceptance of Computer Technology: A Comparison of Two Theoretical Models [J]. Management Science, 35(8):982–1003.
- Venkatesh, V., &Bala, H. (2008).Technology Acceptance Model 3 and a Research Agenda on Interventions [J]. Decision Sciences, 39(2):273–315.